Posted on 20th September 2022
If you are choosing to install porcelain paving in your garden or inside the home, you will be happy to know that the slabs are relatively maintenance-free. However, there are times when you will still need to look after your paving to ensure that it stays looking brand new.
Unlike natural stone, porcelain paving isn’t a landscaping material that will consume your valuable time or prove to be a laborious task to maintain. Only occasional maintenance of your porcelain slabs is required to provide long-lasting cleaning results.
Generally, you will only be required to sweep the porcelain paving once or twice a week to get rid of accumulated dirt and keep it looking as good as new.
However, there are times when accidents can occur and you will need to take preventive action to avoid unwanted stains and marks on your porcelain paving slabs.
How do you maintain porcelain paving?
Here are some tips to keep your porcelain patio looking beautiful year-round. One great thing about porcelain is that it is non-porous, therefore doesn’t require sealing!
- Sweep away dirt and debris from the surface of the tiles using a soft-bristle sweeping brush.
- When using a sweeping brush, ensure that you operate a back and forth motion to prevent the dirt from getting lodged into the texture surface of the slabs.
- To deep clean your porcelain paving, douse a generous amount of suitable heavy-duty porcelain cleaner with water over your patio tiles.
- Allow the cleaning solution to stand for around five to ten minutes before scrubbing with a soft-bristled brush. Scrub in the same direction of the texture and then again diagonally to dislodge any dirt or grime that has become embedded.
- Rinse your porcelain paving to thoroughly get rid of the cleaning solution.
- If your porcelain paving receives high levels of foot traffic we would advise washing the surface at least once a day to maintain the high-quality look and feel.
Following these simple yet effective steps to maintain porcelain paving will ensure they have a stunning appearance for many years to come.
If we haven’t yet convinced you that porcelain paving tiles are the right investment for you and your home improvement project, get in touch with us and we will be happy to help with any queries you may have.
With valuable experience, we are able to help you achieve the perfect patio, garden, or home interior with our products.