Posted on 11th November 2022
It goes without saying that wood is a highly popular material for a wide range of internal and external landscaping and renovation projects. Although it has many benefits, it requires much more maintenance than some other surfaces, such as porcelain paving.
One of the most common uses for wood is outdoors to create a decked seating area in the garden. When initially installed, decking looks amazing but can quickly begin to look worn if not maintained regularly or in the right way.
As well as this, in cold or wet weather conditions wooden decking can become slippery and is prone to the growth of mould and moss. However there is an alternative that gives a luxurious look of wood but without all the maintenance; wood effect porcelain paving.
A perfect choice for UK gardens, our wood effect porcelain is completely weatherproof and can withstand unpredictable conditions. The patio slabs are colour fast, therefore the colour won't fade in direct sunlight and they are manufactured with a UK standard R11 anti-slip finish to help prevent slipping in wet or frosty weather.
The manufacturing and vitrification process of porcelain paving also makes it highly durable and hard wearing, with the ability to withstand everyday wear and tear of family gathering or moving furniture around.
It is also resistant to cracks, dents, scratches and abrasions and can repel stains caused by liquids that have been spilled as well as grease and oil. Porcelain paving couldn’t be easier to clean too; simple sweeping and a wipe down with a damp cloth is enough for the job.
As porcelain paving tiles are also impermeable, they can resist the growth of moss and mould, which makes keeping your porcelain paving an easy process.
Here are all the key benefits of wood effect porcelain paving.
The Key Benefits of Porcelain Paving:
- Low maintenance - You will be happy to know that porcelain paving slabs are virtually maintenance-free. Simply sweep with a brush to get rid of accumulated dirt or wipe over with a damp cloth to eradicate more stubborn dirt.
- Hard-wearing - The vitrification process our porcelain products go through makes each porcelain slab solid and long-lasting. Drastic changes in the weather won’t affect the quality or look of your porcelain paving.
- Slip-resistant - With a minimum R11 slip rating, porcelain paving tiles are designed to have a slightly textured surface to combat slips and falls.
- Stain, scratch, mould, and frost-resistant - Besides being resistant to weather changes, porcelain paving is also durable in many other ways.
- Range of colours and effects available - Porcelain inkjet printing technology has widened the possibilities for porcelain paving. Almost any result or colour is achievable.
- Acid and alkali resistant - Porcelain paving can withstand fertiliser and lawn treatments.
- Colour maintaining - The manufacturing and processing of porcelain mean that even the darkest colours will not lose their intensity over time.
- Algae and moss resistant - This is particularly important for patios in the shade or north facing.
If we haven’t yet convinced you that porcelain paving is the right investment for you and your home improvement project, get in touch with us and we will be happy to help with any queries you may have.
With valuable experience, we are able to help you achieve the perfect patio, garden, or home interior with our products.