Posted on 3rd September 2022
Summer is here and we’re finally starting to get some decent weather, which means there’s no better time than the present to start planning your garden renovations using porcelain paving.
When it comes to garden landscaping ideas, there are plenty of modern designs around. However, porcelain paving tiles have the ability to effortlessly create a patio that is not only eye-catching but also practical and low maintenance.
A patio that is well-designed and installed by a professional can turn any garden into a relaxing space, one suitable to spend hours in the sunshine with friends and family relaxing or entertaining.
There are practically no limitations when it comes to porcelain paving. These heavy duty, high quality patio slabs are suitable for patios, gardens, pathways, swimming pools, balconies, verandas, a host of indoor spaces, and also as garden steps!
At Porcelain Paving Direct, today’s post will take a closer look at how you can use porcelain paving tiles to create steps in your garden for a more accessible and practical outdoor space.
Why install porcelain paving outdoor steps?
A garden that is easy on the eye is great. However, a garden that boasts practicality is even more desirable, especially given our sometimes busy schedules and demanding work commitments.
Whether you wish to design steps that lead directly up to the entrance of your home or steps that trail down to lower levels in your garden, the installation of steps makes it easy for you and your guests to navigate the garden easily and safely.
If you have already installed porcelain paving for your patio, you could consider using the same tiles for your steps. Alternatively, if you haven’t yet purchased from Porcelain Paving Direct and are looking for a complete patio and steps makeover, we can help.
Check out our beautiful porcelain paving catalogue here.
Perhaps you would prefer a more eye-catching design? If this is the case, we would recommend using a mix of different coloured porcelain paving slabs to create a unique look that is guaranteed to stand out.
Which porcelain paving slabs should I use?
When it comes to our porcelain paving and the many benefits that go hand in hand, we would recommend any of our porcelain products to design steps for your garden.
Available in a wide range of colours, effects, and styles; the porcelain paving tiles we offer are not only low maintenance and practical but the also offer a host of other fantastic features.
Here are all the reasons why porcelain paving is perfect for garden steps:
- Hard-wearing - The vitrification process our porcelain products go through makes each porcelain slab solid and long-lasting. Drastic changes in the weather won’t affect the quality or look of your porcelain paving.
- Slip-resistant - With a minimum R11 slip rating, porcelain paving tiles are designed to have a slightly textured surface to combat slips and falls.
- Stain, scratch, mould, and frost-resistant - Besides being resistant to weather changes, porcelain paving is also durable in many other ways.
- Range of colours and effects available - Porcelain inkjet printing technology has widened the possibilities for porcelain paving. Almost any result or colour is achievable.
- Acid and alkali resistant - Porcelain paving can withstand fertiliser and lawn treatments.
- Colour maintaining - The manufacturing and processing of porcelain mean that even the darkest colours will not lose their intensity over time.
- Algae and moss resistant - This is particularly important for patios in the shade or north facing.
With valuable experience distributing porcelain paving, we are able to help you achieve the perfect patio, garden, or home interior with our products. Contact us and we will discuss your specific needs today.